Tuesday, December 16, 2008

DEC. 08 DAY 15 COLD 26 DEGREES, A COUPLE OF EGGS CRACKED OPEN TO SHOW THEIR COLOR DOUBLE YOKE IS BECAUSE THE PULLETS ARE STILL TRYING TO GET IT RIGHT.

TWO PCTURES OF THE OVER HANG OF PEN i JUST PUT UP A TEMP. TO SEE WHAT WILL WORK.









Today I had an unusual incident at approx. 4am when I went to their coop to check on them like I always do when I heard a noise in the coop like chickens moving around which was a surprise to me because I always believed that as long as it was dark the chickens would not come off of the roost but I was wrong out into the yard came two of my pullets to get to the mash first and so I checked the nesting box and they had laid two eggs I took them out and they were very warm still Like I always say the minute you think you know everything they will surprise you.

No comments: